People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
Updated 1 January 2015
• 180 Parties, representing 89% of the world’s population
• 169 Signatories, representing 92.11% of the world’s population
• 186 Participants (Signatories and/or Parties, including 17 parties by accession, and one by succession), representing 95.8% of the world’s population
• 196 eligible Parties
* Based on mid-year 2006 population data
* Only European Community countries that have ratified are counted in population totals, not the European Community as a whole.
- Download a PDF with the full list of countries that have ratified, and related information
- Parties (ratifications and accessions)
- Regional breakdown - WHO and political regions
- Definitions related to ratification