People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- March 11, 2015
Many FCA staff and board members were in Abu Dhabi for the 16th World Conference on Tobacco or Health (WCTOH), 17-21 March 2015.
See some of their presentations below.
Check out photos of FCAers at WCTOH2015. Click on a photo below:
Watch FCA Director Laurent Huber, along with WHO's Dr. Douglas Bettcher, on WCTOH-TV:
Presentations by FCA staff:
- Civil society's role in making the illicit trade protocol a reality (FCA Policy and Advocacy Director Francis Thompson)
- Civil society's contribution to implementation of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCA Director Laurent Huber)
- Next steps In international preparations for implementation of the Illicit Trade Protocol (Francis Thompson)
- Role of global civil society organisations & integrated networks in accelerating and advancing an endgame (Laurent Huber)
- Progress by civil society on inclusion of tobacco control in the post-2015 development agenda and SDGs (Laurent Huber)
- Sustainable measures to mobilise whole-of-government implementation of the FCTC (Yvona Tous)
- Guidelines on Article 6 of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (Francis Thompson)
- Crop substitution, welfare programmes or rural policy reform (Francis Thompson)