People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- February 14, 2011
The NCD Alliance will host a side event to mark the launch of its new publication on women and NCDs. Panellists will discuss:
- Girls and women’s unique vulnerability to the socio-economic determinants and risk factors of NCDs;
- Impact of NCDs on the health and socio-economic position of girls and women;
- The importance of women’s empowerment for the prevention of the global NCD epidemic;
- The implications for current policies and practices;
- The opportunity of the forthcoming UN High-Level Summit on NCDs in September 2011.
The panel will be a parallel event during the 55th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW).
The Hardin Room, 11th Floor,
Church Center for the United Nations,
777 UN Plaza, New York
Friday, 25 February, 16.00 - 17.30 EST
For more information, click here