People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- June 10, 2011
Many FCA members received World No Tobacco Day awards for their accomplishments in the area of tobacco control.
Awards were presented in each of the WHO’s six regions - Africa, the Americas, South-East Asia, Europe, Eastern Mediterranean, Western Pacific. Click Read More to watch an image slideshow of the winners.
View our members receiving their awards in the slideshow below.
The following members also received awards:
• M. Ibrahima Sory Cisse, Président - Founder of Generation Sans Tabac, la République de Guinée
• M. Ebeh Adayade Kodjo, Executive Director of l'Alliance Nationale des Consommateurs et de l’Environnement, la République Togolaise.
Region of the Americas
• Ministerio de Salud del Perú y Comisión Nacional Permanente de Lucha Antitabáquica (COLAT), República del Peru.
• Ms Fiona Godfrey, Regional Advisor, International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
• European Network for Smoking and Tobacco Prevention
• Smoke Free Partnership.
Western Pacific Region
• Framework Convention on Tobacco Control Alliance Philippines, the Republic of Philippines.
Click on an image to see its full caption details.