People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- February 4, 2012
Every month Framework Convention Alliance members work hard in the fight for global tobacco control.
Click an image below to see what our members got up to during January and February 2012.
- Tunisian President Moncef Marzouki (centre) receives a letter of congratulations from the FCA for his election in December.
- Tobacco advocates meet Benin's Minister of Justice.
- Bangladesh Tamak Birodhi Jote (BATA) rally for an amendment to tobacco control law in Bangladesh to reduce tobacco related illness and death in the country.
- Madagascar becomes the third country in Africa to require picture-based health warnings for tobacco packages.
- FCA members Deborah Arnott, Rob Cunningham and Lekan Ayo-Yusuf attend the January meeting of the FCTC Article 9&10 working group.
- Ireland becomes the 9th European Union country to require picture warnings on tobacco packages.