People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- May 31, 2012
Congratulations to all those honoured this year with World No Tobacco Day awards by the World Health Organization.
The winners include these FCA members:
Western Pacific region
- Korean Association on Smoking or Health, Republic of Korea
South-East Asia Region
- Monika Arora, Public Health Foundation of India
- Ms Sylviane Ratte, Senior Adviser, International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, the French Republic
- Ms Jean King, Director of Tobacco Control at Cancer Research, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Nothern Ireland
Region of the Americas
- Corporate Accountability International, the United States of America
- Coalition Against Tobacco (CAT), the Federal Republic of Nigeria