People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- August 24, 2012
Every month Framework Convention Alliance members work hard in the fight for global tobacco control.
View the slideshow to see what our members got up to from June to August 2012. Click the picture to read the caption.
May-August 2012 Slideshow
Cambodia's first smoke-free sport
CHILE: smoking education
NZ clamps down on Big Tobacco
Australia's plain packaging
Highlights from this slideshow are:
- Cambodia holds its first smoke-free sporting event.
- FCA Regional Director of the Western Pacific region Domilyn Villarreiz leads a study tour of Davao City for tobacco control advocates from Southeast Asia.
- Al Jazeera broadcasts 'Outsourcing Addiction', which FCA Director of the Americas region, Eduardo Bianco is involved.
- In a world first, Australia's High Court rejects a tobacco industry challenge of a new law on plain packaging of cigarettes.
- New Zealand’s new law banning tobacco products from being publicly displayed goes into effect.
- Tobacco Free Chile educate people about smoking outside the Calvo Mackenna Children's Hospital during a record week of children admissions for respiratory problems due to cold temperatures, smog and exposure to tobacco smoke.