People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- October 15, 2012
Every month Framework Convention Alliance members work hard in the fight for global tobacco control.
View the slideshow to see what our members got up to during September and October 2012. Click the picture to read the caption.
Highlights from this slideshow are:
- A parliamentarian in Niger attends a tobacco control workshop amongst a media frenzy
- For the first time a smoke-free bus is launched in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Ukraine introduces a comprehensive ban on all forms of tobacco advertising – including point-of-sale
- Sri Lanka passes regulations that mandate some of the largest picture warnings on cigarette packs in the world.
- Work for a Better Bangladesh (WBB) Trust organises a workshop to discuss Article 5.3 and the influence of tobacco companies on law violation