People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
Images from the opening of the third session of the Intergovernmental Negotiating Body on a Protocol on Illicit Trade in Tobacco Products, 28 June - 5 July 2009 in Geneva, Switzerland.
Headlines in this issue:
- Death Clock unveiled
- Keep the scope of the Protocol broad
- Track and Trace based on unique product markings
- Canadian policy measures to combat cigarette contraband
- Organised crime: the evidence
- Bangladesh perspective on illicit trade
- Global financial crisis and the protocol
- Vested interest clarifies position
- Thank you CIPRET