People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- November 19, 2008
Wednesday's issue (82) from the third day of the third session of the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control Conference of the Parties in Durban, South Africa, is available for download[Adobe Acrobat PDF - 432 KB].
Headlines featured in this issue:
• Time to take reporting seriously.
• Tobacco industry transparency essential for effective tobacco control.
• Manipulating Africa.
• Sex and the city.
• Weak new Chinese health warnings now on packages. Download in Chinese [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 129.48 KB].
• Sri Lanka wants total freedom from second-hand smoke.
• Fenêtre ouverte sur la corruption de l’ industrie du tabac.
• No se dejen manipular por la industria. ¡actúen ya!
• Por un panama libre de humo de tabaco.