People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- April 14, 2013
In 2010, we marked the fifth anniversary of the FCTC, with 4 new ratifications. We also provided leadership, technical expertise and logistical support during 2010 for key FCTC negotiations and WHO meetings as well as regional working group and expert group meetings. FCA also contributed to strategic planning, policy brief writing, campaign development, and media campaigns. Prior to and during each meeting, we developed policy position papers, educational materials, and presentations that were made available to government delegates as well as NGO representatives.
Other topics covered in the FCA 2010 Annual Report
• FCA’s role in the International Tobacco Treaty Process– the WHO FCTC
• FCA Participation in FCTC Negotiation Sessions in 2010
• FCA Tobacco Watch
• Major FCA Campaigns in 2010
• FCA Capacity Building Workshops
• FCA Regional Coordination
• Grants to Partners in Low Income Countries
• FCA Website, Intranet, and Social Media
• FCA's Presence at Major Conferences
• FCA 2010-2013 Strategic Review and Planning
• FCA’s New Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Priorities
Download the report (PDF 130.67 kB)