People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
In 2014 an expert group was set up to review and improve how Parties to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control report on their obligations.
The expert group will need to:
– Clarify the expected outcomes of an implementation review process;
– Propose options for assessing FCTC implementation;
– Consider reporting arrangements in light of different approaches to reviewing implementation.
Read the fact sheet:
- Tracking the FCTC's progress
- Suivi des progrès en matière de mise en oeuvre de la CCLAT
- Seguimiento de los progresos del CMCTSeguimiento de los progresos del CMCT