People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
Many FCA staff and board members were in Abu Dhabi for the 16th World Conference on Tobacco or Health (WCTOH), 17-21 March 2015.
See some of their presentations below.
Check out photos of FCAers at WCTOH2015. Click on a photo below:
Watch FCA Director Laurent Huber, along with WHO's Dr. Douglas Bettcher, on WCTOH-TV:
Presentations by FCA staff:
- Civil society's role in making the illicit trade protocol a reality (FCA Policy and Advocacy Director Francis Thompson)
- Civil society's contribution to implementation of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCA Director Laurent Huber)
- Next steps In international preparations for implementation of the Illicit Trade Protocol (Francis Thompson)
- Role of global civil society organisations & integrated networks in accelerating and advancing an endgame (Laurent Huber)
- Progress by civil society on inclusion of tobacco control in the post-2015 development agenda and SDGs (Laurent Huber)
- Sustainable measures to mobilise whole-of-government implementation of the FCTC (Yvona Tous)
- Guidelines on Article 6 of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (Francis Thompson)
- Crop substitution, welfare programmes or rural policy reform (Francis Thompson)