People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
COP-4: Policy briefing on adoption of measures for international cooperation to eliminate tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship
This document relates to item 5.6 of the provisional agenda.
The Framework Convention Alliance recommends that the fourth session of the Conference of the Parties to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control decide to adopt and implement the recommendations on measures that would contribute to elimination of cross-border tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship (Annex to document FCTC/COP/4/10), ensuring that, where appropriate, the recommended measures are also applied in respect of domestic tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship.
Read more by downloading the full document in:
- English [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 237.64 KB]
- French [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 317.48 KB]
- Spanish [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 177.36 KB]
- Russian [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 271.4 KB]
- Arabic [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 357.08 KB]
- Chinese [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 504.5 KB]