People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
COP-4 Policy briefing: Elaboration of recommendations on appropriate means to support implementation of Article 19 (Liability)This item relates to item 5.6 of the provisional agenda.
The fourth session of the Conference of the Parties to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control should request that the Convention Secretariat, under the guidance of the Bureau, and with the assistance of competent authorities within WHO, in particular the Tobacco Free Initiative, as well as Parties particularly interested in the issue and relevant intergovernmental and nongovernmental organisations with specific expertise, elaborate a report to support implementation of Article 19 (Liability).
Read more by downloading the full document in:
- English [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 172.35 KB]
- French [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 203.56 KB]
- Spanish [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 168.61 KB]
- Chinese [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 367.65 KB]
- Russian [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 183.47 KB]
- Arabic [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 262.83 KB]