People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
This document relates to item 5.7 of the provisional agenda.
The Framework Convention Alliance (FCA) suggests that the Conference of the Parties (COP) set up a working group to develop guidelines on Article 6. These guidelines would significantly facilitate national initiatives to simplify and increase tobacco taxes. At the same time, a working group which includes finance officials would tremendously raise the profile of the treaty and provide an opportunity for finance ministries to make a significant contribution to advancing global public health.
Read more by downloading the full document in:
- English [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 343.48 KB]
- Chinese [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 706.46 KB]
- French [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 447.24 KB]
- Spanish [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 316.24 KB]
- Russian [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 469.1 KB]
- Arabic [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 328.79 KB]