People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
This document relates to item 7 of the provisional agenda.
The fourth session of the Conference of the Parties to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control should decide to:
• request the continuation of efforts towards more efficient coordination between WHO’s Tobacco Free Initiative and the Convention Secretariat in order to avoid duplication of efforts and to maximise the use of available resources, and request that these efforts be broadened to promote systematic inclusion of support for implementation of the Convention in the workplans of all relevant programmes, departments and offices within WHO;
To read more, download the full briefing in:
- English [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 347.98 KB]
- French [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 256.32 KB]
- Chinese [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 402.34 KB]
- Russian [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 354.58 KB]
- Arabic [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 267.99 KB]