People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
This document relates to item 7 of the provisional agenda.
The Framework Convention Alliance welcomes the Secretariat’s report on financial resources and mechanisms of assistance, and urges the COP to adopt a decision:
• Reaffirming the importance of mechanisms of assistance and financial resources for implementation of the Convention;
• Calling on Parties to provide extra-budgetary contributions for the implementation assistance activities approved in the workplan;
• Requesting the Secretariat to deepen cooperation with WHO TFI and other relevant WHO departments, particularly in developing plans for technical assistance and advancing the needs assessment process;
To read further, download the full briefing in:
- English [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 257.55 KB]
- French [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 120.16 KB]
- Spanish [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 117.23 KB]
- Russian [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 287.18 KB]
- Chinese [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 319.64 KB]