People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
Policy Briefing: Report by the Convention Secretariat on control and prevention of smokeless tobacco products and electronic cigarettes
The Framework Convention Alliance (FCA) invites Parties to give careful consideration to the Secretariat report and the various scientific studies and reports to which it refers, particularly the second and third reports1 of the WHO Study Group on Tobacco Product Regulation (TobReg).
FCA recommends against referring the matter of electronic cigarettes to the working group on Articles 9 and 10, as the issue of e-cigarettes is largely unrelated to the matters which the working group was mandated to deal with.
Download full document in:
- English [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 155.91 KB]
- French [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 257.79 KB]
- Spanish [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 82.02 KB]
- Russian [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 198.73 KB]
- Arabic [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 233.51 KB]