People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- COP6 should welcome the proposal to include the FCTC in future development goals and targets, and agree to take specific steps to promote the Convention during negotiations on the post-2015 development agenda.
- COP6 should review recent global efforts on prevention and control of NCDs, and declare its commitment to support them.
- The COP should also agree to regularly review progress on the NCD target to reduce prevalence in global tobacco use by 30 percent by 2025, and provide recommendations for action to meet this target.
- Parties should formally recognise the COP as the primary international, intergovernmental forum for negotiating the global response to the tobacco epidemic.
- Non-communicable Diseases, sustainable development and the FCTC
- Enfermedades no transmisibles, desarrollo sostenible y el CMCT
- Неинфекционные заболевания, устойчивое развитие и РКБТ
- Les maladies non transmissibles, le développement durable et la CCLAT