People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- Before deciding to undertake a global impact assessment of the FCTC, the COP will need to address several issues, particularly the purpose of the exercise and the primary use of its results.
- Once these issues have been resolved, further scoping of the exercise and refinement of the methodology should take place. The Convention Secretariat should be requested to undertake this work.
- Parties that may decide to undertake an FCTC impact assessment individually should be encouraged to share their respective approaches with the Convention Secretariat in advance, and collaborate with each other to develop a common methodology if at all possible.
- Impact Assessment of the FCTC
- تقييم أثر اتفاقية منظمة الصحة العالمية الإطارية بشأن مكافحة التبغ (FCTC)
- Évaluation de l’impact de la CCLAT
- Оценка воздействия РКБТ ВОЗ
- Evaluación del impacto del CMCT