People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- In fulfilment of FCTC Article 4.2(d), which until now has not been a focus at any meetings of the Conference of the Parties, COP6 should request the Convention Secretariat, together with WHO TFI and in consultation with civil society group – particularly those that work in gender and tobacco control – to develop an expert report on gender and tobacco control.
- The report should include measures to address gender-specific issues when developing tobacco control policies and strategies as well as the development and utilisation of women’s leadership in tobacco control. The report should be considered at COP7 with the aim of strengthening gender specific implementation of the FCTC at global and country level.
- Women cannot be left behind
- Ne laissons pas les femmes de côté
- Las mujeres no pueden quedar a la zaga
- Проблему женского курения нельзя оставлять без внимания