People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- The budget and the workplan that will be adopted by the COP must show a balanced and efficient use of funds for the advancement of the implementation of the FCTC and Protocol-related activities.
- Before agreeing to the FCTC budget, Parties should ensure that all decisions adopted by COP6 are reflected in the workplan and projected to the budget.
- COP6 should also ensure that activities related to treaty governance, including travel support for all low-resource Parties, are funded through the Convention’s core budget.
- The 2016-2017 budget should prioritise the work of the following four subsidiary bodies, which is of equal importance:
- A working group on sustainable measures to strengthen implementation;
- An expert group on Article 19 (liability);
- An expert group on Article 5.3 (industry interference);
- An implementation review committee to review Parties’ reports and encourage implementation.
- Budget & Workplan 2016-2017
- Plan de travail et budget pour l'exercice 2016-2017