People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
This document relates to item 4.4.2 of the provisional agenda for the Sixth Session of the Conference of the Parties to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control, 13-18 October 2014, Moscow
- Parties should take careful note of the WHO report to COP on ENDS.
- Because of differences in regulatory systems and national circumstances, it will be difficult to reach consensus at COP6 on specific regulatory approaches to ENDS.
- Some overarching concerns and principles may be widely shared, and could be noted in a COP decision.
- Careful monitoring of new evidence and national regulatory experience is essential.
- An expert report on emerging scientific evidence and lessons learnt from national regulatory experience should be prepared for COP7.