People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
Bulletin Online Issue 73 October 2008
Welcome to the Bulletin Online Issue 73
Bulletin Online out now
The latest issue (73) of the Bulletin Online is available for download.
In this issue Framework Convention Alliance(FCA) director Laurent Hubert outlines the global tobacco control movement’s successes and changes since the first WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control negotiations in 2000. He welcomes new FCA members, and that numbers have now reached more than 350 non government organizations in over 100 countries.
However the fight against tobacco use is far from over, and Hubert outlines what FCA members must do to continue combating the global tobacco epidemic.
This bulletin also features articles about:
- How tobacco marketing causes smoking.
- The upcoming INB-2 in
- COP-3 in
Durban, South Africa
- How increasing tobacco smuggling harms public health in
- The Norwegian Cancer Society fighting tobacco industry investments.
- How tobacco companies fight legislation.
- The Canadian government signing a smuggling agreement, and the country’s new smuggling problem.
Download the Bulletin Online [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 240.25 KB]