People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
Bulletin Online issue 86, March 2009
Headlines from the Bulletin (issue 86 March 2009) are:
• Pictorial warnings – a long wait in Southeast East Asia;
• The smoking gun;
• Global progress in smoke free legislation;
• Guidelines on tobacco industry interference: because tobacco control doesn’t have to move this slowly;
• Mauritius requires world’s largest warnings;
• Illicit Trade Protocol; and
• Tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship.