People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
Since mid-2010, associations claiming to represent tobacco growers around the world have distributed misleading information about the flavourings that are added to tobacco products and about draft guidelines that would “restrict or prohibit” these flavourings.
The Framework Convention Alliance (FCA) endorses the draft guidelines for implementation of Articles 9 and 10 (Regulation of the contents of tobacco products and tobacco product disclosures) and recommends that the fourth session of the COP adopt the proposed guidelines without change.
Read more by downloading the full document in:
- English [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 162.59 KB]
- French [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 191.74 KB]
- Spanish [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 58.27 KB]
- Arabic [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 252.81 KB]
- Chinese [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 422.48 KB]
- Russian [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 261.35 KB]