People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
This document relates to item 6.5 of the provisional agenda.
The Framework Convention Alliance urges Parties to explore ways to include FCTC implementation in existing international and regional cooperation initiatives.
FCA encourages Parties to use, to the extent possible, existing institutional and operational frameworks for South-South and triangular cooperation to exchange scientific, educational, technical, legal and other expertise relevant to the implementation of the Convention.
For further reading, download the full briefing in:
- English [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 220.67 KB]
- French [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 117.84 KB]
- Russian [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 278.65 KB]
- Arabic [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 285.07 KB]
- Chinese [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 293.32 KB]