People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- Parties should adopt the ITP without amendment;
- Parties should agree on a road map for preparing for ITP implementation between COP5 and COP6 or ITP MOP1, in particular to protect against tobacco industry influence. This road map should focus on:
- Scoping of technical assistance and capacity-building needs;
- Outreach to other organizations, particularly intergovernmental organizations, which are equipped to provide relevant technical assistance or assist with capacity building;
- Involvement of the full range of government departments and agencies in ITP implementation preparations.
- FCA Policy Briefing: The illicit trade protocol
- ملخص سياسة التحالف بروتوكول الاتجار غير المشروع لمنتجات التبغ
- Аналитический обзор FCA: Протокол о незаконной торговле (ITP)
- Document d'information de la FCA : Le Protocole sur le commerce illicite (PCI)
- Documento de política FCA: El Protocolo sobre comercio ilícito