People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
- Before agreeing to the FCTC budget at COP5, Parties should ensure that all decisions made by the COP are reflected in the workplan and projected to the budget;
- The 2014-2015 budget should prioritize the work of several strategic subsidiary bodies:
- A working group on mechanisms of assistance and support for implementation of the FCTC;
- An expert group to discuss and propose the most appropriate form for an FCTC implementation review mechanism; and
- An expert group on Article 19 (liability).
- COP5 should ensure that activities related to treaty governance, including travel support for all low-resource Parties, are funded through the Convention’s core budget.
- Production of COP Summary records should be maintained;
- COP5 should encourage the Convention Secretariat and the WHO to continue to coordinate their efforts in supporting FCTC implementation.
- FCA Policy Briefing: FCTC Budget and workplan: 2014-2015
- ملخص سياسة التحالف الميزانية وخطة عمل الاتفاقية الاطارية لـِ2014-2015
- Аналитический обзор FCA: План работы и бюджет РКБТ на 2014-2015 годы
- Document d'information de la FCA : Budget et plan de travail 2014-2015 de la CCLAT
- FCA Documento de política: Presupuesto del CMCT y plan de trabajo para 2014-2015