People have died from tobacco-related diseases since the opening of the first FCTC working group on 28 October 1999.
An important unresolved question for this INB is the exact relationship between the FCTC Conference of the Parties (COP) and the Protocol's Meeting of the Parties (MOP).
The only issue on which there appears to be a definitive consensus is that the FCTC Secretariat will also act as Protocol Secretariat.
1. The Conference of the Parties (COP) and the Meeting of the Parties (MOP) should have separate budgets, with ITP-related meetings and activities funded by Parties to the Protocol, rather than by all Parties to the FCTC;
2. Regular sessions of the MOP should not overlap with those of the COP; the MOP should be free to hold regular sessions at some time other than during sessions of the COP (Article 35.2).
Download the report in full
Available in English, French, Chinese, Arabic, Russian and Spanish
- INB5: Institutional Arrangements and Financial Resources (Part VII)
- DISPOSITIONS INSTITUTIONNELLES ET RESSOURCES FINANCIÈRES (PARTIE VII)
- بروتوكول عن الاتجار غير المشروع مذكرة إعلامية: الدورة الخامسة لهيئة التفاوض الحكومية الدولية
- ОРГАНИЗАЦИОННЫЕ МЕРЫ И ФИНАНСОВЫЕ РЕСУРСЫ
- ARREGLOS INSTITUCIONALES Y RECURSOS FINANCIEROS (PARTE VII)