03 Nov 2010
This document relates to item 5.7 of the provisional agenda.
The Framework Convention Alliance (FCA) suggests that the Conference of the Parties (COP) set up a working group to develop guidelines on Article 6. These guidelines would significantly facilitate national initiatives to simplify and increase tobacco taxes. At the same time, a working group which includes finance officials would tremendously raise the profile of the treaty and provide an opportunity for finance ministries to make a significant contribution to advancing global public health.
Read more by downloading the full document in:
- English [Adobe Acrobat PDF – 343.48 KB]
- Chinese [Adobe Acrobat PDF – 706.46 KB]
- French [Adobe Acrobat PDF – 447.24 KB]
- Spanish [Adobe Acrobat PDF – 316.24 KB]
- Russian [Adobe Acrobat PDF – 469.1 KB]
- Arabic [Adobe Acrobat PDF – 328.79 KB]