15 Jun 2018
The Framework Convention Alliance (FCA) is proud to provide a limited number of travel grants to select individuals from FCA member organizations in low and middle income countries, to attend the Eighth session of the Conference of the Parties (COP8) in Geneva.
Applications are now open for individuals who wish to attend COP8 but require financial assistance to cover return travel, visas, hotel and meals. Applicants should note that they are accepting to take on certain roles and responsibilities during the COP8 negotiations, including but not limited to:
- Participation in a mentorship program in preparation for COP8
- Participation in one-day FCA briefing prior to COP8
- Mandatory attendance at sessions of the COP8
- Mandatory attendance at morning and evening meetings of the FCA
- Contribution of articles and materials for the FCA bulletin, which is published daily
- Translation, when necessary, of various FCA materials
- Note taking during plenary sessions and committee meetings
- Daily reporting to advocates in your country on the progress of the talks especially your country’s position
- Providing a de-briefing of advocates in your country who did not attend the meeting when you return to your country after the negotiations
Please send your completed application form, curriculum vitae and a statement of your expertise (200 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org before the Friday 29 June 2018 deadline.