17 Apr 2015
Having clear and reliable answers to the following questions helps to make the case for tobacco control as a national priority:
- How is tobacco use affecting our country‟s economy and economic growth?
- How much does it cost for good faith implementation of the FCTC?
The WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC), together with its guidelines, provides the basis for national tobacco control legislation and action plans. But every plan to implement and enforce legislation needs a budget if it is to be put into practice. Some useful work has been done in this area and needs to be translated into action at country level.
Read the full fact sheet:
- Getting the price tag: Costing action, and inaction, on tobacco control
- Combien ça nous coûte : évaluer le coût de l’action et de l’inaction en matière de lutte antitabac
- Fijemos el precio: costos de la accion y la inaccion en el control del tabaco