04 Nov 2016
- Before agreeing to the FCTC budget at COP7, Parties should ensure that all decisions made by the COP are reflected in the workplan and projected to the budget;
- The 2018-19 workplan and budget should prioritise measures that will contribute most to supporting FCTC implementation in 2018 and 2019. In FCA’s view, this includes:
- Mandating the Convention Secretariat to play an active role in mobilising resources for FCTC implementation at country level by clearly and systematically communicating Parties’ needs to donors;
- Establishing and operationalizing the proposed Implementation Review Committee;Establishing an expert-driven mechanism to facilitate COP discussions on global and regional progress towards the 30-percent target;
- Providing travel support for low and middle-income country Parties;Providing Parties with support for ITP ratification and implementation;
- Providing support for the establishment of an Article 5.3 knowledge hub.
- COP7 should ensure that priority implementation-focused activities as well as key activities mandated in the text of the FCTC are funded through the Convention’s core budget;
- The amount covered by Voluntary Assessed Contributions (VACs) to fund the FCTC budget for 2018-2019 should be increased in line with the Secretariat’s proposal.
- Budget and workplan 2018-19
- Plan de trabajo y presupuesto para el ejercicio 2018-2019
- Plan de travail et budget 2018-2019
- Бюджет и план работ на 2018-2019 год