25 Oct 2016
- FCA encourages the Convention Secretariat to continue with its collaborative work with relevant United Nations agencies such as the International Labour Organization (ILO), Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and World Health Organization (WHO) in the preparation of various reports, and to raise awareness about the harmful environmental and health impacts of tobacco on growing, manufacture and consumption. This task should be assigned adequate funding by the COP;
- The Secretariat should be mandated to continue to press relevant intergovernmental organizations (IGOs) for greater policy coherence within the UN system. The goal is for these IGOs to works towards ending any collaboration with the tobacco industry;
- The FCTC Convention Secretariat should continue exploring ways to co-operate with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Secretariat in joint initiatives to address the health, environmental and social harm and risks related to tobacco cultivation and manufacture, including their impact on climate change;
- The FCTC COP should consider what future work is needed on Article 18 and on the environmental impacts of tobacco use and production.
- Protection of the environment and economically sustainable alternatives to tobacco growing
- Защита окружающей среды и кономически: жизнеспособные альтернативы выращиванию табака
- ملخص سياسة تحالف الاتفاقية الإطارية : حماية البيئة والبدائل المستدامة اقتصادياً لزراعة التبغ