21 Jul 2014
- 29 March – 4 April: The Intergovernmental Negotiating Body on a Protocol on Illicit Trade in Tobacco Products meet for the final (fifth) session; agrees a draft Protocol.
- 31 May: World No Tobacco Day 2012 focuses on tobacco industry interference.
- 12–17 November: The fifth session (COP5) took place in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- 1 December 2012: For the first time globally, plain packaging comes into force in Australia. Other countries begin the process to also introduce plain packaging.
- 31 May: World No Tobacco Day 2013 focuses on banning tobacco advertising and sponsorship.