04 Feb 2012
- Tunisian President Moncef Marzouki (centre) receives a letter of congratulations from the FCA for his election in December.
- Tobacco advocates meet Benin’s Minister of Justice.
- Bangladesh Tamak Birodhi Jote (BATA) rally for an amendment to tobacco control law in Bangladesh to reduce tobacco related illness and death in the country.
- Madagascar becomes the third country in Africa to require picture-based health warnings for tobacco packages.
- FCA members Deborah Arnott, Rob Cunningham and Lekan Ayo-Yusuf attend the January meeting of the FCTC Article 9&10 working group.
- Ireland becomes the 9th European Union country to require picture warnings on tobacco packages.