08 May 2018
A member of FCA since 2016, OTADAC mainly works in the following fields:
- Advocacy to advance implementation of laws, ministerial orders, instructions and other regulations for tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse control.
- Advocacy for initiating and implementing effective tobacco and alcohol tax and price policies
- Provide trainings on how institutions can achieve their responsibilities of controlling the use of tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse in Rwanda
- To sensitize Rwandan community, public, private institutions and civil society organizations to combat major modifiable risk factors (tobacco use, harmful use of alcohol and drug abuse) for Non communicable Diseases
- Raise public awareness on the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC), tobacco use, alcohol and drug abuse legislations and policies using mass media campaigns on health consequences of tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse
- To establish and strengthen network of journalists engaged in the tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse control in Rwanda.
- To collaborate with government and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in the promotion, implementation and enforcing public policies and legislations meant for reducing tobacco consumption, harmful use of alcohol and mitigate drug abuse.
- To support local, national and international youth and women programs including vocational trainings and community development programs initiated by youth and women.
Facebook: OTADAC Rwanda
LinkedIn: OTADAC Rwanda