08 May 2018
TOFAZA works by creating awareness on the ills of tobacco use, advocate for prioritization for tobacco control in the national policy agenda, and assist develop national tobacco control programs. TOFAZA’s main activities focus on:
- promoting community and public awareness on the harms of tobacco use and as a human right violation,
- monitoring of tobacco farmers, workers and child labour activities in the tobacco farming districts,
- conducting research on alternative livelihoods to tobacco growing,
- monitoring of tobacco industry activities,
- lobbying and advocating for the implementation of strong tobacco control laws and regulations,
- and on coordinating national tobacco control activities.