26 Oct 2011
This month’s highlights are:
- Brazil includes barcodes on all cigarette products produced in the country for export
- FCA staff and members hand out ‘billion-dollar bills’ at the United Nations NCD Summit in New York.
- Australia contributes AUD $700,000 to the FCTC, and releases its proposed new graphic health warnings, which will be the world’s largest.
- The Canadian Government also announces it will increase the size of health warnings on packages of cigarettes and little cigars from 50 to 75 per cent of the back and front surfaces.
- Bangladesh Anti-tobacco Alliance celebrates its 12 year anniversary plus an exhibition of world-wide pictorial warning labels on tobacco packs is held in the country.
View the images with their captions on Flickr or watch the image slideshow above – click a picture to see its full caption.