04 Nov 2010
It is recommended that the COP decide to:
• request the Convention Secretariat to engage with relevant international organisations in the fields of international trade and investment and report to each session of the Conference of Parties on these activities;
• request each Party to consider how it can provide immediate support, with respect to international trade and investment rules, to Parties in need;
• request the Convention Secretariat to create a mechanism to coordinate requests for support and offers of support made by Parties;
• establish a working group on the relationship between FCTC implementation, international trade and investment.
To read more, download the full briefing in:
- English [Adobe Acrobat PDF – 226.57 KB]