FCA Policy Briefing for COP7: Sustainable measures to strengthen implementation of the WHO FCTC: report by the working group
- A number of recommendations proposed by the working group are related to resource mobilisation and should be adopted by COP7;
- COP should further elaborate on some of these recommendations and take the following actions:
- Regularly review and endorse priority implementation needs of Parties;
- Request the Secretariat to organise an FCTC financing dialog to communicate Parties’ implementation needs to donors; and
- Appropriately include work on investment studies for FCTC implementation both globally and country level, as well as on an Art 5.2 toolkit, in the FCTC workplan and budget.
- Work should be undertaken so that an action plan on implementation assistance is submitted to COP8 for consideration. The plan should reflect COP’s commitment to reduce tobacco use prevalence by 30 percent by 2025.
What we're doing