Mop1 Bulletin Day 3 – Wednesday October 10
Position: Team leader, Illicit Trade Protocol
Contractual duration: Permanent
Primary location: Geneva
Schedule: Full time (100%)
Objective of the role
This experienced individual will be fully focused on the Illicit Trade Protocol. The job holder will provide senior expertise on customs, law enforcement and/or tax. S/he will represent the Convention Secretariat in engaging with Parties, non-Parties, and intergovernmental organizations critical to its ratification and implementation.
Description of duties
- High level representation of the Protocol
- Engagement with intergovernmental organizations and bodies (WCO, UNTOC, UNODC, Interpol) on issues relevant to the Protocol to promote synergies with relevant treaties
- Promotion of cross-sectoral and cross-organizational cooperation on Protocol implementation
- Representation of the Protocol to funding bodies to mobilize resources for Protocol implementation
- Assessment and prioritisation of Parties’ needs for technical assistance in cooperation with the MOP Bureau and the Head of the Convention Secretariat
- Promotion of Protocol ratification towards non-Parties
- Extensive experience working with customs, law enforcement and /or tax authorities, with a particular focus on illicit trade of tobacco products
- Demonstrable ability to establish cross-sectoral relationships with other relevant international bodies
Adherence to the values and principles of the WHO FCTC and of the Protocol.
All candidates will be required to declare that they do not have any conflicts of interests with the tobacco industry or any economic or commercial actors with a vested interest in the implementation of the Protocol.
**This is not a real job posting. We want simply to remind Parties that adding a senior, full-time position to the ITP Secretariat could make a huge difference to its ability to mobilise technical assistance, build relationships with law enforcement agencies, and support working groups and future MOP sessions.