31 Jul 2014
The FCA’s vision is a world free from the devastating health, social, economic and environmental consequences of tobacco and tobacco use.
The FCA is a civil society alliance whose mission is to help strengthen the WHO FCTC and support its full and accelerated implementation worldwide. We work to integrate the FCTC into broader international health and development efforts, and seek novel strategies to free the world from tobacco-caused harms.
- Societal change: We are dedicated to serving the public interest by campaigning to improve the health and development of society, based on the fundamental right of all humans to the highest attainable standard of health and wellbeing.
- Action oriented, valuing effectiveness: FCA believes in being results oriented, responsive, innovative and creative in achieving its mission. FCA strives to constantly learn and to seek ways to improve its work and impact.
- Diversity: FCA strives to be inclusive, diverse, representative and gender sensitive.
- Collective approach: FCA values unity, cooperation and collaboration based on collective trust; where everyone is respected and has something to contribute, and every member organization has equal rights.
- Consensus building and democratic: FCA strives for consensus in decision making, valuing a participatory and inclusive approach.
- Accountability: FCA believes in transparency and accountability.
- Avoiding conflict of interest: We believe that there is a fundamental and irreconcilable conflict between the tobacco industry’s interests and public health policy interests.